Saving memories one photograph at a time

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Diabetes Family Camp

Last weekend, I went to Family Camp where the little kids who have diabetes go with their families and stay a weekend. The kids can have fun while seeing other kids who have diabetes, and the parents go to education classes to learn more on how they can help their kids. I was on program staff which means that I got to help with the activities. The kids were separated into age groups. The 7 and up kids went and did archery, 3-7 did the activities, and the 0-3 kids had daycare which I was what I did. Daycare was really fun I got to play with the kids. The theme was pirates, so the kids got to make treasure maps, decorate shirts and hats, and also pencil boxes. We went on a night hike with flashlights, and we had a carnival, I did bubble blowing, and we watched Princess Bride, and Muppet's Treasure Island. We also had a relay race and you had to put a lot of different things in a pillowcase, mostly diabetes supplies, and one of the program assistants, David, dressed up as a pirate and called things out and the kids had to run what he called out up to him. It was a blast! - TAYLOR

1 comment:

The Wanner Family said...

That would have been fun to go to. It sounds like you had a ton of fun. Miss you guys.