Saving memories one photograph at a time

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Missing in Action

This last month has been difficult. I feel like our safety net has failed and our family is at war. A war of the mind, body, and pocketbook. The first skirmish was at the beginning of the month when my scrapbook room flooded. No kidding, IT REALLY did flood (see my May 13th post). Darin accidentally left the hose on and I ended up with 14 inches of water in the window well which came through the window and flooded over half of my scrapbook room. My room was totally out of commission for over 3 weeks. Putting the rest of my room back together was put on hold when an even larger battled ensued. On June 11th, Darin was handed his paycheck and told there was no job to come back to on Monday because the business was closing. No notice, no severance. When you have three people with a chronic illness a paycheck is essential. No paycheck could spell disaster for our family very quickly.

Between helping Darin find a job and being very ill the last month, I have not had the heart to write until today. It seems that almost every day something has broken, been lost, gotten worse, or disappeared, except the support of our family and friends. Without the love of our Heavenly Father and our family and friends we would have certainly suffered some casualties, but because our army has been strong and our backup limitless we have been weathering the battles well. Even through the many battles I am so thankful for all that I have. I have been given so much. I know my Heavenly Father is carrying us over the battlefield, shielding us from the bullets, tending to our wounds, and healing our spirits.

We may have lost a few battles within the last month but we will certainly not surrender and as long as Heavenly Father is our chief commander I know we will win this war. 

2 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Thanks for sharing, so uplifting! We WILL win the war!

Nicole Norris said...

I am so sorry that things are so rough at your house right now. I hope things turn around and you start winning more battles. Thank you for keeping us posted.